Friday, November 13, 2009

Google Spread Sheet

Here is my google spreadsheet presentation. You should be able to navigate between my spreadsheet and graph. I think this assignment is very useful for me as a teacher. It is an easy way to organize a class gradebook and chart the progress of my students. In this example it is apparent that the students progressively got better test scores from Test 1 through Test 10. It was also important for me to chart the progress of the students below the class average. Even though these students may not be above the average they all demonstrate the ability to get better from Test 6 through Test 10. This chart gives me the opportunity to see they are learning and getting better. Since I recognize the improvement and the fact that these students are learning maybe I can change teaching strategy with this group to try and raise their overall scores.

1 comment:

  1. The embed looks great, and thanks for analyzing the trend(s). The only suggested change is please quickly redo Chart1 (by grabbing just tests 6-10, rather than all 10. Thanks, B

    ReplyDelete